Settlement News, Events and Resources
Whangarei SSNZ February 2014 newsletter
In this newsletter:
- Treaty of Waitangi workshop – 4 Feb. (still some places available on this FREE workshop)
- Information about changes to Settlement Support service
- Waitangi Day events - 6 Feb.
- New FREE English Language course starts 3 Feb.
- Career Clinic – 14 & 28 Feb.
- Migrant Mum’s support group – 4 Feb
- Race Relations Day – Calling all Migrant and Community groups
- ‘Mother Tongue’ – A workshop for parents who want to help their children maintain their native language – 25 March
and much more...
Hutt Valley Newsletter February 2014
Latest on news and activities in the Hutt Valley.
In this issue:
- Two FREE English [full immersion] Classes
- Also Free 100 hours of Reading/Writing & Numeracy Skills
- Upcoming Settlement Support activities in February, March and April confirmed to date
- Maketu Rotary Kaimoana Festival 2014
- Katikati Clipboard
- Networking and Social Connections
Inside the latest issue:
- Future Migrant workshop on NZ tax
- What's on in Rotorua
- Get involved in the Community
- Pensions and Superannuation
- News from Immigration NZ
- Changes to Settlement Support in 2014
New Bridges December 2013 Newsletter- Hamilton
- Ethnic Development Adviser, Philip Yeung voted into Council
- Willie Cuthers - Waikato Rotary Police Person of the Year
- Job searching in the holiday
- What’s On
Events for migrants
Ariki Community Lounge migrant women's meet- New Plymouth
Puke Ariki Library
4/3/2014, 11/03/2014, 18/03/2014, 25/03/2014
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
A mix and mingle meeting for women migrants
phone: 06 759 1088
Napier Newcomers Lunch
12:00 am - 1:00pm
phone: 06 834 4171
Hastings Newcomers Lunch
12:00 am - 1:00pm
phone: 06 834 4171
Tax Seminar - Rotorua
IRD, Pukaki Centre, 1144 Pukaki St, Rotorua
19/03/2014 5:30 - 7:00
Presented by IRD
Topics include: Getting an IRD number, Working for Families, Kiwisaver, Tax Returns, Donations Tax Credit, Online Services
Beach Safety at Porirua Beaches, Wellington
Titahi bay Surf Lifesaving Club, Titahi Bay Beach
19/03/2014 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Beach Safety tips from Surf Lifesaving New Zealand.
Marae Welcome - Rotorua
22/03/2014 11:00- 1:30
View and find out what happens on a marae
See their community gardens
Enjoy a shared lunch
Meet other migrants and local Maori
Newcomers Network morning tea
Kaizen cafe, Pataka, Porirua Wellington
31/03/2014 10:30 - 11:30
Newcomers Network morning tea hosted by Kay Morgan, Volunteer. newcomers to Porirua are invited to come along and meet each other for an informal chat.
Come along for a coffee and a chat. Free to attend . Buy your own coffee.
Make your move to New Zealand a success- for Pacific migrants
Information about how to get settled in New Zealand. Where to find help, how to improve your English and advice about settling into work. Available in English, Fijian, Samoan, Tongan, Tuvaluan and Kiribati.
LINKZ - the magazine for migrants.
Download the latest PDF, or subscribe when you arrive in New Zealand and receive 8 free print issues. A great read with stories about other newcomers, articles about New Zealand and news and tips for migrants.
Worktalk is an online tool which shows some common situations where migrants and their employers have misunderstandings because of communication. Watch the videos and answer the quiz questions to see some ways of dealing with these.
Living and working on a New Zealand dairy farm
This is a guide for migrants to help them to settle into working on a farm. It includes information about daily life on a farm, employment law and lots of practical tips and information. This guide is also available in Spanish and Tagalog